Vision and Ambitions
We want Hertfordshire to continue to be a county where people have the opportunity to live healthy, fulfilling lives in thriving, prosperous communities.
We want Hertfordshire to continue to be a county where people have the opportunity to live healthy, fulfilling lives in thriving, prosperous communities. The corporate plan sets out our key priorities for the county and how we intend to deliver our vision for Hertfordshire, where residents have the opportunity to:
Opportunity to Thrive
- A cleaner and greener county
- More recycling and re-use
- Children and families getting the personalised help they need
- Good school places for every child
- People are able to take responsibility for themselves and their families.
Opportunity to Prosper
- A strong economy with successful businesses
- Reliable public transport services
- High speed broadband across Hertfordshire
- More young people in education, employment or training.
Opportunity to be Healthy and Safe
- Joined up health and social care services
- Effective procedures to respond to emergencies
- Healthier lifestyles encouraged through healthy eating, stop smoking and substance abuse support
- More people supported to live independently
- People who need care able to choose and control it.
Opportunity to Take Part
- Residents making a more active contribution to their local area
- More volunteers.
How we're going to achieve this:
To achieve our ambition, we will work in a way that:
- is open, honest and ethical
- identifies and addresses issues early
- values diversity, addresses inequality and supports the most vulnerable
- encourages commercial thinking and embraces digital opportunities to deliver services even more innovatively.